Photo by @jaimearkin
All Alchemy & Ink candles are lovingly hand made in small batches. Slight variations in color and scent may occur. We use a soy wax blend that is well known for excellent jar adhesion (minimal wet spots), minimal frosting, and excellent scent throw. We use only the finest phthalate free fragrances infused with natural essential oils. Our wood wicks are made in the U.S.A with wood sourced from FSC-certified mills. They’re clean burning, non-toxic, eco-friendly and the company we source them from plants a tree for every $100 in sales.
How long will it take for my item to reach me?
Processing times will be posted at the top of the website at all times. Note that if you buy a bookmark together with a candle pre order, the bookmark will ship when the candle is ready. Shipping is usually 2-3 business days, depending on the shipping method you choose. USPS Priority is the quickest, where as First Class shipments can take longer to reach you. If you choose to ship your bookmark purchase with a stamp, please note that there is no tracking and we are not responsible for your items once they have been dropped off at the post office.
How much is shipping?
Shipping is calculated by weight at checkout. Prices are directly calculated through USPS and we do not add any extra fees or handling costs.
What are top, middle and base scent notes?
Top notes are the first notes you perceive. In candles, top notes remain and are a large part of your cold throw.
Middle notes are the heart of your fragrance and tend to round out the overall fragrance and will linger into the base notes.
Base notes and middle notes are the main theme of a fragrance. Base notes bring depth and solidity to a fragrance. Base notes might not be as perceptible in the cold throw of the candle, but as the candle begins to burn the base notes will emerge, along with the middle notes.
How fragrant are your candles?
Our candles are loaded with the maximum fragrance allowed for our wax. Our cold throw is beautiful and subtle, but our hot throw is where our candles really shine. Wood wicks are known for their fast, large melt pools which means our candles throw scents further and you can smell them almost as soon as they're lit!
I've never had a wood wick candle before! Is there anything I should know?
Now that you have made your candle, it’s time for the best part—lighting up and enjoying its beautiful flame. Here are our tips for optimal burning.
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″ before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Wooden Wicks do need a little attention and tending to before each burn, similar to cotton wicks. Be sure to gently snap off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low or too high, it may be necessary to blow out the candle and tap off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick (wait till it's cool of course!). The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Be very careful not to let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle.
- Extinguish candle when ½” of wax is remaining.
- Do not burn candle more than 2-3 hours at one time.
- Follow all candle safety guidelines printed on the bottom of your candle.
Do you offer custom candles?
Yes, we do! We take a limited amount of custom candles so make sure to follow us on Instagram, @alchemyandink, where we announce custom openings before listing them on the site. Our custom listings usually go very quickly so if you see one on the site make sure to snatch it up!
Do you accept wholesale orders?
Yes, we would love to work with you on a wholesale order! Whether the order is for a subscription box or to stock in store, we'd love to get more Alchemy & Ink candles out into the world. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with candles needed, size, and where you'll be selling them!
Have a question that wasn't answered here? Head over to our contact page, or send an email to email@example.com.