All Alchemy & Ink candles are lovingly hand made in small batches. Slight variations in color and scent may occur. We use a soy wax blend that is well known for excellent jar adhesion (minimal wet spots), minimal frosting, and excellent scent throw. We use only the finest phthalate free fragrances infused with natural essential oils. Our wood wicks are made in the U.S.A with wood sourced from FSC-certified mills. They’re clean burning, non-toxic, eco-friendly and the company we source them from plants a tree for every $100 in sales.
How long will it take for my item to reach me?
Processing times for individual items vary. Pins & other items can take 7-14 business days to ship. Candles usually take 4 weeks as they are pre-orders. Shipment times vary based on the type of shipping you chose. Priority mail takes approx 1-3 business days. First Class mail can take a bit longer. International shipments can take anywhere from 10-60 business days, so please be patient with worldwide deliveries.
Once your item is at the post office, the shipment is literally out of our hands. We have no more information on tracking than you do via your usps tracking number. If you need help locating a delayed or lost shipment, please contact your local post office or the usps helpline.
How much is shipping?
Shipping is calculated by weight at checkout. Prices are directly calculated through USPS and we do not add any extra fees or handling costs.
What are top, middle and base scent notes?
Top notes are the first notes you perceive. In candles, top notes remain and are a large part of your cold throw.
Middle notes are the heart of your fragrance and tend to round out the overall fragrance and will linger into the base notes.
Base notes and middle notes are the main theme of a fragrance. Base notes bring depth and solidity to a fragrance. Base notes might not be as perceptible in the cold throw of the candle, but as the candle begins to burn the base notes will emerge, along with the middle notes.
How fragrant are your candles?
Our candles are loaded with the maximum fragrance allowed for our wax. Our cold throw is beautiful and subtle, but our hot throw is where our candles really shine. Wood wicks are known for their fast, large melt pools which means our candles throw scents further and you can smell them almost as soon as they're lit!
I've never had a wood wick candle before! Is there anything I should know?
Now that you have made your candle, it’s time for the best part—lighting up and enjoying its beautiful flame. Here are our tips for optimal burning.
- Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 1/8″ – 3/16″ before lighting. If the wick is too long, the wax will not pull up the wick and the wick will extinguish.
- Wooden Wicks do need a little attention and tending to before each burn, similar to cotton wicks. Be sure to snap or cut off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
- If when burning the candle for a long period of time you notice the flame height getting too low or too high, it may be necessary to blow out the candle. Once the wax has cooled, snap or cut off any excess ash or burnt wood along the top of the wick. The flame will then return to its proper optimal height.
- Be very careful not to let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle.
- Extinguish candle when ½” of wax is remaining.
- Do not burn candle more than 2-3 hours at one time.
- Never leave your candle unattended
- If your flame starts sooting, extinguish the candle, wait for wax to cool, and trim the wick even further.
Do you accept wholesale orders?
Yes, we would love to work with you on a wholesale order! Whether the order is for a subscription box or to stock in store, we'd love to get more Alchemy & Ink products out into the world. We offer wholesale prices for candles and perfumes. We also offer design work for a fee. Please email email@example.com for more info.